One special day in 1991, someone put up something for sale on the Internet.
Since that day, eCommerce has erupted, becoming a way to shop that is easier, more customer-friendly, interactive, and more a way of life than ever.
Online shoppers want to feel:
If you provide your eShoppers with those three feelings, congratulations you are safely at ground zero.
But we want to talk about the next level.
When talking eCommerce there are a few questions to consider:
1. Are you currently running the numbers on your shoppers? Allow us to help you track their buying trends.
2. Do you have a storefront widget? Wait, do you know what a widget is? Call us.
3. Have you considered using video to enhance sales? THIS (not) JUST IN- Video is everywhere!
4. Are you working the social networking trend to your eMerchant advantage? Your competitors are.
5. Are you set up to receive online donations? Help your supporters support you.
“Electronic commerce or eCommerce is a term for any type of business, or commercial transaction, that involves the transfer of information across the Internet.”
eCommerce allows consumers to electronically exchange goods and services with no barriers of time or distance. It is pretty fantastic that we are now, more than ever, free to shop our world.
Let’s wrap up with a couple numbers, shall we?
Here is one number- 229,000,000,000.
“While offline retail sales continue to struggle, online retail will grow at a steady 19 percent year-over-year growth rate, from $95.7 billion in 2003 to $229.9 billion in 2008, according to a new report from Forrester Research, Inc. Most significantly, online retail sales will account for 10 percent of total US retail sales by 2008.”3
And yet another- 1.
You just might be one business that can benefit from staying on top of your eCommerce marketing strategy.
Call me at Paradigm, 314-621-7600.